Wednesday, April 20, 2011

115th Boston Marathon 2011

It was everything I expected it to be and more!! There are so many stories and experiences to share but that will come later . Suffice it to say all the stories you have heard about the race are true from the girls of Wellesley and Boston College (more than a few stories there) to Heartbreak Hill. The expo was Awesome, so much to see...too much to see. The people in the city were unbelievable everywhere you turned there was news coverage and people in restaurants and hotels would congratulate you on running and wish you luck, they made you feel special and welcome.
I realize Boston is a goal not everyone has, but if it is, you won't be disappointed!!! 
Rest assured I couldn't of been there without the support of so many of you, some of you have run with me for years and most of you have pulled me through some tough runs, with your encouragement, your advice and support, not to mention all the miles you listened to me whine..... you should be getting a medal!!!
Thanks to Jim Reed for contributing to the pics and help in making this a great journey!

Thank You All...... Especially Jean, having her there with me in Boston made the experience complete!!


115th Boston Marathon
BOSTON
WE HAVE LANDED!!
Doing My Homework!
Welcome to Boston!!! Jim and Crew.. Donna, Lea Anne, and Linda
Welcome to the Expo!!!
One of the Best Finds We Made they had Everything!!
Plus Great Prices Right Across from the Expo They alway's had a table waiting for us!!

Standing at the Bar at Charley's!


What's with the Pinky???
Right on Hereford Left on Boylston!!  Awesome Feeling

I Think I Just Saw a UFO!!!  I Can't Wait To Get Back To Tell The Group!!!
Linda, Donna, and Jean getting ready to head out on their Boston 5K Adventure

The 5k Start!!
Some Well Earned Hardware!!
Post Race Coffee After Jean's Boston 5K
Jim With Matt Long
I Needed a Little Pre Race Motivation at the Mash Tent at the Expo
The Whole Gang At Galleria33 Saturday Night
We had dinner Saturday night with Dan who ran a 2:47 talking to Linda McClellan and Dustin Hicks who turned 26 that night (violin player is playing happy birthday)and ran a 2:30 and placed 100th, he works at Track Shack

Sunday Night Dinner
Does this look like a good pre race meal???  Ahh Memories!!
Up Early and Ready to Go but Feeling Bleary Eyed
A Special Fan!!!
Focused just Starting Mile 26 on a Roll
Finish Line!!!!!

Deer In The Headlights!!!! WT? Did I Just Do???  Just Point Me Where I Need To Go!
Ahh A Recovery Burger!!!!  Thanks Giirls!!!!

2 comments: